A&E Eyes the Future in Annual Sustainability Report
American & Efird (A&E) continues to abide by its pledge to create a better world through responsible corporate actions, environmentally protective efforts, and numerous contributions to the communities in which it operates. The Mount Holly, NC-based firm confirms this pledge in its recently released 9th annual Corporate Sustainability Report. A&E measures its performance against goals outlined within its Eco-Driven program the Ten Threads of Sustainability.
Notable highlights from the report, titled, “A Focus on the Future” include:
- Recycled and reused over 2 billion liters of wastewater at global operations since 2013
- 41% reduction in global water consumption (liters per kg of thread) since 2006
Recycling and Waste Reduction
- 100% Zero-Waste-to-Landfill status at 16 global manufacturing operations and support facilities in 2018, with five other operations recycling more than 90% of byproducts and created waste
Global Carbon Footprint and Energy Conservation*
- 13% reduction of global carbon footprint (CO2e in kg per kg of thread) since 2006
- 11% reduction in global power consumption (KwH per kg of thread) since 2006
- 45% of A&E’s global energy portfolio for steam production consisted of renewable fuels in 2018
*A&E uses the definitions and calculation methodologies found in Greenhouse Gas Protocol to determine our GHS emissions as developed by the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. A&E tracks Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions.